Monday, May 20, 2013

Life is a non stop movement

Had been to a beach last weekend. Not that this was the first time at any beach, I have been at the beach many times earlier too , but this time it was a different feeling. The continuous movement of the tides brought a thought in my mind. This movement is there in the ocean for ever. I just thought what if this movement stopped for a while. It brought a feeling of strange fear- may be that would be the end of everything. I was lost in such thoughts.

I started thinking about life. One important characteristic of life is continuous movement. It keeps moving 24/7. nothing can stop it. Any amount of happiness  or joy would not stop life from moving, any amount of loss or gain, sorrow or worries or anything for that matter, cannot stop the movement of life. It keeps moving and moving. Sometimes one may feel some moments very short or long, but the movement is always there. The day the movement stops, it is the end.

Movement and time are part and parcel of life. My elementary school teacher, whom I cannot forget for ever, used to tell " Time and tide wait for no one". When in school, we used to write proverbs on the top of the black  board, and this used to be the one very often repeated. May be I could understand the word meaning of this at that time. But as I was growing and to this date, I have remembered this 'n' number of times in life and felt (I am using the word felt, because I think that is more appropriate than the word "understood") the real meaning of it.

And this time too, I had a deep feeling that took me to the memory lane of all the backs and forths, the  ups and downs of my life. Fifty six years on this planet is a long time that I have lived a life and will still see it moving and moving till the end comes.I do want to go through the whole of my life that I have lived till today and may be give words to my thoughts and feelings and blog in here. I wish to keep this feeling alive in me and help me put my life in words.



No comments:

Post a Comment